I found Mission Nannys, and was very interested. It seemed to be right up my alley. Serve the Lord through serving others. Just looking it over though, I wasn't sure if they'd take me as it's targeted towards women who have retired. I also paused over the application fee. More money that I didn't have.
I went ahead and applied anyway, and was so excited to hear on Dec 31 that I had been accepted. I then had to pick my top 3 families.
As I was looking through the opportunities listed I was so drawn to a family in France. The kids were younger, I wouldn't have to do any homeschooling, it just seemed right. The only thing I really didn't like was that they were in France. The whole time I was dreaming of Africa or India, you know, one of the "traditional" mission fields. I was afraid that if I went to France everyone would think I was going because it's France, not because God called me, but because I wanted to go on vacation or somesuch.
I really wanted God to tell me to go there, I wanted to hear him say "Go to France!" like I heard him tell me to get my passport. I never heard that though, I had this feeling, but I wanted more. I dragged out the whole thing, praying to God, asking him "Why won't you just give me an answer? Tell me where to go." Finally my mom just reminded me "don't lay out the fleece." I realized that I did know. So on Jan 7 (my birthday) I emailed Betty and gave her my top 3 choices, France being 1st pick, and that I would prefer to stay wherever I go for 6months to a year.
Amazingly she emailed back straight away and told me that the France family would need someone for that time period. She got in contact with them and we set up an interview for that Monday.
I went ahead and applied anyway, and was so excited to hear on Dec 31 that I had been accepted. I then had to pick my top 3 families.
As I was looking through the opportunities listed I was so drawn to a family in France. The kids were younger, I wouldn't have to do any homeschooling, it just seemed right. The only thing I really didn't like was that they were in France. The whole time I was dreaming of Africa or India, you know, one of the "traditional" mission fields. I was afraid that if I went to France everyone would think I was going because it's France, not because God called me, but because I wanted to go on vacation or somesuch.
I really wanted God to tell me to go there, I wanted to hear him say "Go to France!" like I heard him tell me to get my passport. I never heard that though, I had this feeling, but I wanted more. I dragged out the whole thing, praying to God, asking him "Why won't you just give me an answer? Tell me where to go." Finally my mom just reminded me "don't lay out the fleece." I realized that I did know. So on Jan 7 (my birthday) I emailed Betty and gave her my top 3 choices, France being 1st pick, and that I would prefer to stay wherever I go for 6months to a year.
Amazingly she emailed back straight away and told me that the France family would need someone for that time period. She got in contact with them and we set up an interview for that Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment